Litter is trash of any type thrown where it doesn’t belong. Litter is chewing gum wrappers, cigarette butts tossed on the ground or a broken washing machine pushed down a rural hillside.
Littered roadways, properties and illegal dumps cost Missouri millions of dollars each year in cleanup costs. Littering and illegal dumping also scar communities and make people sad. No one wants to live surrounded by litter.
You can help prevent litter by…
- Recycling items from your car at the local gas station or at home.
- Putting trash where it belongs.
- Keep a litter bag in your car and hang on to litter until you find a garbage receptacle.
- Make sure your trash cans have tight-fitting lids.
- Encourage your neighbors, clubs, co-workers, or families to Adopt-A-Road or join you in an area cleanup. “Adopting” an area can significantly reduce future litter because people litter less in maintained areas.
To participate in this contest you’ll need to register for the contest, design and then build a “Socially Distant Candy Device” for Halloween that not only is ground breaking, innovative, and awe-inspiring but most importantly SAFE.
STEP One – Register for the Contest
Prizes awarded for…
- Grand Prize – BEST OVERALL DESIGN – (1 winner) $25 Gift Card (sponsored by ??)
- First Prize – (2 winners) $20 Gift Card (sponsored by Columbia STEM Alliance)
- Second Prize – (3 winners) $15 Gift Card (sponsored by ??)
- Third Prize – – (3 winners) $10 Gift Card (sponsored by ??)
STEP Two – Get a Copy of the Rules.
We’ve made it easy to submit your entry for this contest. We’re following the Project Lead the Way Design Process, so we’ll ask you some questions on how you went about designing your device and, we ask you to do the following…
- Submit a set of plans for the device. You can use Tinkercad for an additional prize.
- Submit a short (30 second) video of your device in action.
- When you’ve collected your plans and made your video, click below to submit your entry!
STEP Three – Submit your Entry
Entries will close on ?? 2020. Contest Winners will be chosen by ??