Rules and Requirements
These are the minimum requirements for this challenge. The “Judging Information” section below will provide additional guidance on how your project will be judged.
- Your Recycle-Bot needs to have a purpose
- Your Recycle-Bot must be made from only materials that can be recycled that are commonly found in a classroom or home
- Your Recycle-Bot may NOT contain any VEX or LEGO parts
- Include a written presentation between 500-1000 words
- Include a presentation title, team name if appropriate, and name(s) of the entrant in the written presentation
- Include pictures (up to 3) that detail the Recycle-Bot in the written presentation
- Be in either a PDF format (maximum file size: 20MB) or scanned.
- Be original – Work submitted in previous or different online contests or challenges may not be repurposed for this submission
- Be completed by students. Adult mentors may help with tools, if needed for safety and help with submitting entries, but students should be the ones completing the project
- Be uploaded to the Columbia STEM Alliance site during the submission process (detailed instructions below)
Instructions to upload your Presentation:
- Fill out the submission form and type your text in the Full Description box according to the Requirements for this challenge.
- Click Save.
- Click the blue Files/Images button in the upper right of the screen.
- Drag/Drop your PDF file into the Upload a File box.
- Be sure to edit the Display Name and file information according to the Requirements for this challenge
- Save your edits and click Update on the entry screen
- Your submission will now show when you click the blue All Entries button to view the challenge entries
Caution: Failure to fulfill any of these requirements will result in your entry from advancing to Finalist judging