Are you worried that Trick or Treating is going to be cut short due to Covid-19? Want to do something about it? Help us find a way to deliver or receive candy while maintaining social distance. The Columbia STEM Alliance will be sponsoring this years first (and hopefully last?)…
Socially Distant Candy Distribution/Collection Contest! WHEW! That’s a mouthful…
To participate in this contest you’ll need to register for the contest, design and then build a “Socially Distant Candy Device” for Halloween that not only is ground breaking, innovative, and awe-inspiring but most importantly SAFE.
STEP One – Register for the Contest
Prizes awarded for…
- Grand Prize – BEST OVERALL DESIGN – (1 winner) $25 Gift Card (sponsored by REDI Innovation Hub)
- First Prize – BEST USE OF RECYCLED MATERIALS – how “earth-friendly” can you make your design? – (2 winners) $20 Gift Card (sponsored by Columbia STEM Alliance)
- Second Prize – BEST USE OF TINKERCAD – use the web app “Tinkercad” to create your design – (3 winners) $15 Gift Card (sponsored by REDI Innovation Hub)
- Third Prize – MOST WORKING PARTS or “The Rube Goldberg” Awards – (3 winners) $10 Gift Card (sponsored by REDI Innovation Hub)
We’ve made it easy to submit your entry for this contest. We’re following the Project Lead the Way Design Process, so we’ll ask you some questions on how you went about designing your device and, we ask you to do the following…
- Submit a set of plans for the device. You can use Tinkercad for an additional prize.
- Submit a short (30 second) video of your device in action.
- When you’ve collected your plans and made your video, click below to submit your entry!
STEP Three – Build your device & Submit your Entry
Entries will close on Oct. 26th, 2020. Contest Winners will be chosen by November 2nd, 2020 (to give you time to actually use it for Halloween?).